Living With Canine Distemper


 Canine Distemper


Yes, I lived! Everyday we are reminded of it, some day’s are better then others. More good then bad and not everyday is a party.

On this spring morning in 2015, I came in the house from running and playing with my bird friends out back, I didn’t feel so good. Dad looked at me and took a photo, then he messed with his phone some. I could see he was worried, then his phone made a noise. He seemed to be in a rush to get me ready to go for a ride in the car. I didn’t know it, but it was Mom, he sent my photo to her at work. She told Dad “take her to the doctor, she’s having a seizure.”


Canine Distemper
Me, foaming at the mouth, having a seizure
 

Wouldn’t you know it, all kinds of other pet’s were sick too. The place was packed! They all were very nice, but I don’t like doctors. I had that old feeling when I had to live at the doctor’s office for so long. Was I going to have to stay? The more I worried, my head started spinning and I started circling, over and over. Dad had to hold me in one spot on the scale, so the nice lady behind the desk could read it. Then the lady behind the desk talked to this black thing on her desk and a girl came right out and took me to the back. In the back they took my blood, I think she’s a vampire, they are always taking my blood!

Then I was taken to a room, now what? The door opened, it was Dad! It seemed like time did not move and it was a long wait. I was sleepy from all the circling  so I just had to lay down.
 
 
Canine Distemper
After a seizure, it takes a lot out of me so I need to rest
 

I heard a knock at the door and in came my doctor, she talked to Dad. Then as the doctor was walking out the door, I was feeling sick again. I could hear Dad say “she’s having one now!” The doctor turned and said “yep, she’s having a seizure.”

Dad took me home and I rested, the next morning I had to take two pills. My Mom makes sure I take my pills, at just the right time, she even get’s me out of bed before the sun comes up to take them. That’s all right, I will do anything so I don’t get sick with that thing they call a seizure.

My life would be so much different, if only my mother was given her vaccines.  Please get your pet vaccinated so they don't get sick like me.

Leave a comment
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts